Monday, February 23, 2009

DANCE!
















I suppose it's about time I mention the thing we do A LOT of and spend A LOT of time doing~ dance. This is something that Skyler & I enjoy very much and are lucky enough to get to do it together. I have to admit~ sometimes being Skyler's instructor can be challenging, especially when we are working one on one and I ask her to try something and she says she can't~ something I know she wouldn't do if I was not her mother! Not only that, I am probably hardest on her than any other student in the class and sometimes end up feeling very guilty for that. But, I have to say, Skyler takes it in stride & is one tough cookie. I think that experience has made her stronger. She also has a drive to succeed that I don't remember having at her age. It's so neat to see.
This past weekend, we had a competition here in Colorado Springs where Skyler got to compete her solo for the first time this season, as well as 5 other group numbers. Her solo scored a"Top First" and she also got 5th place in the photogenic category! (thanks, Carmen for taking those beautiful pics!).

We are so proud of Skyler & it makes me excited to see what the future holds for her in dance & all she decides to do!

(Oh, BTW, Skyler did a hip hop solo to "Boyz" by M.I.A.)